This week the boys (AKA Oscar and Felix, two of our three silly, beautiful cats) are at the top of my gratitude list for all the many ways they make us laugh. The other day they discovered some party hats and noisemakers I’d carelessly left sitting on a box in the basement, and on a few
separate occasions we caught one or the other carrying them upstairs in order to play with (read: destroy) them. (Rather odd, actually, considering that when we blew said noisemakers on New Year’s Eve it terrified them so much that they took off up the stairs and didn’t come back down for hours!) I wish you could have seen how cute they looked with their newly-acquired “toys” in their mouths – it definitely made us laugh!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Receiving my replacement Christmas/birthday gift from Peter – a full-length mirror jewellery cabinet – safe and sound and unbroken. The delivery truck was somehow able to get through in spite of all the roadwork going on out on our street, for which I’m very grateful!
- Flower buds on the lilac bush next door.
- All sorts of tangling goodness: several generous supporters contributing to making my teaching dream happen… time, energy, and materials available to create art to send out into the world… an involuntary gasp from Peter when he saw a drawing-in-progress and proclaimed it beautiful… orders for poster-sized versions of one of my finished pieces… finding a public place that will allow me to display a framed piece for sale… even the offer of a space to teach classes once I have my CZT designation. It seems as though once you set your dream in motion, things start to happen!
- People who actually “get” me.
- When something I do or say is in some way an inspiration to someone else… AND when they let me know about it.
- Talking to my beautiful, talented sister… and anticipating a visit from her in the very near future.
- Friday’s arrival after a tough week.
- Being able to enjoy two of my favourite spots, Deb’s Diner and Taloola Café, on the same day.
- The kindness of friends.
- The kindness of strangers.