(Note: This post was written by Laurel Regan and originally published in a separate blog called “Fibre Yarns”, which was later merged with Alphabet Salad.)
Adapted from LiveJournal entry originally posted October 31st, 2004:
- It’s finished!
- It’s functional!
- I learned more about following a pattern, not to mention making something that wasn’t just flat!
- I had fun!
- I had some trouble on the bottom portion of the mesh, figuring out where to attach the round and begin a new one (though I did manage to get the hang of it partway up the bag). Unfortunately, it does mean that a few spots are a bit uneven.
- When connecting my second ball of yarn in the middle of the mesh portion of the bag, I didn’t weave in the ends right away, and a small section came apart. I was able to stitch it back together, though… but learned that I should probably weave in the ends right away when doing this type of mesh work.
- The bottom solid portion of the bag is really quite unlovely, as one side is straight and the other side is sloped! Must learn how NOT to do that next time.
- I’m not very happy with the way the strap attached to the main portion of the bag on one side. I’m sure I did it wrong, as the seam shows on the outside… but try as I might, I couldn’t figure out how to do it right! I think some things have to be shown, so next time I make a bag like this, I’ll try and coordinate my timing so that I can be near someone who will be able to give me some pointers.
No pictures yet, but maybe I’ll get some at work tomorrow.