≡ Menu

100 Happy Days – Day 69

Immediately after Peter’s surgeon informed me that this morning’s operation was complete and had gone well, I headed downstairs to the hospital cafeteria to make some calls to various family members so that I could pass on the good news. I sat at a table facing the window, and when I looked up and saw the sun peeking over the building, it just seemed to capture exactly how I felt at that moment. It was too cold to stand outside, so unfortunately the glare from the window ended up making this a rather crummy photo – still, it’s my choice to represent today’s happiness, as a reminder of that joyful moment.

100 Happy Days - Day 69

100 Happy Days – Day 69

The rest of the day was very, very long. It had started with a 3:45 a.m. alarm, which for someone whose normal workday doesn’t even start until 11:00 is TOO DARN EARLY, and I was tired.

Too darn early. But all things considered, am having a relatively decent hair day. Too bad it's going to be spent in hospital waiting rooms.

Tired morning selfie

We arrived at the hospital by 5:30 to check in for Peter’s surgery at 8:00. And it was quick – I was actually talking to the surgeon by around 9:30. Amazing what they can do in such a short time, isn’t it?!

Then came the waiting. Then more waiting, then still MORE waiting, as Peter didn’t get out of recovery and into his room until late afternoon. I stayed at the hospital for the whole day, doing a bit of walking and wandering but mostly spending my time thinking about Peter as I tangled a picture for him.

ZIA 24

ZIA 24

It’s a bit rough, as most of it was done on my lap and I’m used to drawing at a desk or table… plus since I didn’t feel like lugging all my tangle sketchbooks to the hospital with me, I used only patterns I could draw from memory, which makes it a little dull and repetitive from an artistic standpoint. Regardless, I’m happy with how it turned out and what it represents – lots of love, healing thoughts, and prayers headed in Peter’s direction.

Finally at around 4:30 I was able to go upstairs to see him settled in and drop off his things. We chatted a bit, but since we were both exhausted for our own reasons, I ended up heading home pretty quickly to grab a bite to eat and then crash for the night.

Which is pretty much exactly what I’m going to do just as soon as I share this post. More tomorrow! 🙂

The 100 Happy Days web site
My 100 Happy Days posts

What made you happy today?
Please share!

NaBloPoMo November 2014

Laurel Storey, CZT – Certified Zentangle Teacher. Writer, reader, tangler, iPhoneographer, cat herder, learner of French and Italian, crocheter, needle felter, on-and-off politics junkie, 80s music trivia freak, ongoing work in progress.